IPSEN Emerald Professional Development Award 2024
This award is for Registered Nurse working in the field of urological nursing, who can demonstrate how a significant professional development award can be utilised to improve the outcomes of their patient group.
This award offers the Registered Nurse the opportunity to refine their nursing practice in urology care. The award can include attendance at a major urological conference or a urological department site visit. This can be either in Australia, New Zealand or can include travel to an international centre.
This award includes:
- $3,500 Emerald Award payable to the recipient
All complete applications will be considered, and the successful applicant should meet the following criteria:
- A Registered Nurse practicing in Australia or New Zealand
- Minimum employment of 20 hours per week in Urology nursing or at the discretion of the ANZUNS committee, considering the position held by the applicant and the educational opportunity for which the award application has been made
- Nurses who apply must have a minimum of three years post registration experience
- An active member of the Australia and New Zealand Urological Nurses Society (ANZUNS)
- Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to Urology nursing
- Has not received any prior benefits in relation to ANZUNS Professional Development Awards in the last 2 years (NB. You are only eligible to receive this award once)
- Applications close on Friday 02 February 2024 at midnight EST.
Applications should include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- A detailed proposal (including a proposed schedule and budget) of how the Professional Development award will be utilized and how the award will benefit practice. It should also address how knowledge from the Award will be disseminated to ANZUNS colleagues.
- A declaration of any real or perceived conflicts of interest in relation to receiving this award or the proposed use of this award.
Conditions of the IPSEN Emerald Award 2024
- The Award must be executed by 31 January 2025. This includes completion of all travel, conference attendance and/or site visit.
- A formal panel will make the final decision on the successful applicant. The panel will be comprised of the ANZUNS President/Vice President and two representatives of the Australia and New Zealand Urological Nurses Society (ANZUNS) committee.
- The Award Sponsor will be notified of the successful applicant and may choose to contact the recipient for marketing purposes.
- The recipient will be required to complete and submit a report detailing how the Award was utilized to the ANZUNS President no later than 2 weeks prior to the 2025 Annual General Meeting.
- The report will be tabled at the 2025 Annual General Meeting and will be disseminated to all ANZUNS members via the ANZUNS Newsletter as well as to the Award Sponsor
- The report should identify how the Award has helped benefit practice, the outcomes obtained for improved practice and how the knowledge obtained has been disseminated to colleagues
- The winner will be announced at the ANZUNS 2024 Annual Scientific Meeting, held in Adelaide.
- This Award is not to be used for the payment of study/courses