ANZUNS Diamond Award 2023
This award is for Registered Nurses working in the field of Urological Nursing who can demonstrate how a significant professional development award can be utilised to improve the outcomes of their patient group.
This award offers 1 x Registered Nurse the opportunity to spend time in a major Urological department to refine their nursing practice in Urology care. The award can also include attendance at a major Urological Conference in addition to a Urological Department site visit. This can be in Australia, New Zealand or can include travel to an international centre.
This award includes:
- $5000 Diamond Award payable to the recipient
- 2023 ASM Gala Dinner ticket
- Additional funding to be retained by ANZUNS to cover the costs of recipient attending the ANZUNS 2024 ASM to present a paper detailing how the award was utilised
All complete applications will be considered and the successful applicant should meet the following criteria:
- A Registered Nurse practicing in Australia or New Zealand
- Minimum employment of 20hrs per week in a Urology nursing position or at the discretion of the ANZUNS committee, taking into account the position held by the applicant and the educational opportunity for which the award application has been made.
- Minimum of three years post registration experience
- An active full member of the Australia and New Zealand Urological Nurses Society (ANZUNS)
- Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to Urology nursing
- Has not received any prior benefits in relation to ANZUNS Professional Development Awards in the last 2 years (NB. Applicants are only eligible to receive this award once)
- Complete and submit the online application form by midnight of 27 January 2023.
Applications should include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A detailed proposal (including a proposed schedule and budget) of how the Professional Development award will be utilised and how the award will benefit practice. It should also address how knowledge from the Award will be disseminated to ANZUNS colleagues.
- Proposal must include a proposed schedule, budget, and contact details of host sites.
- A declaration of any real or perceived conflicts of interest in relation to receiving this award or the proposed use of this award.
Conditions of the Nursing Professional Development Diamond Award 2023
- The Award must be executed by 1 February 2024. This includes completion of all travel and/or conference attendance.
- By receiving this Award, the recipient acknowledges and agrees to return to the 2023 ANZUNS ASM to present a paper on how the Award was utilised.
- A formal panel will make the final decision on the successful applicant. The panel will be comprised of the ANZUNS President/Vice President and two representatives of the Australia and New Zealand Urological Nurses Society (ANZUNS) committee.
- The Award Sponsors will be notified of the successful applicant and may choose to contact the recipient for marketing purposes.
- The recipient will be required to complete and submit a report detailing how the Award was utilised to the ANZUNS President no later than 2 weeks prior to the 2024 Annual General Meeting.
- The report will be tabled at the 2024 Annual General Meeting and will be disseminated to all ANZUNS members via the ANZUNS Newsletter and to the Award Sponsor.
- The report should identify how the award has helped benefit practice, outcomes obtained for improved practice and how the knowledge obtained has been disseminated to colleagues.
- The winner will be announced at the ANZUNS 2023 ASM Gala Dinner.
- This Award is NOT to be used for the payment of study/courses.
- Award entitlements and conditions may change without prior notice.