This award is for Registered Nurses working in the field of Urological nursing, who can demonstrate how a significant professional development award can be utilised to improve the outcomes of their patient group.
This award offers 2 x Registered Nurses the opportunity to refine their nursing practice in Urology care. The award can include attendance at a major urological conference or a urological department site visit. This can be either in Australia, New Zealand or can include travel to an international centre.
This award includes:
- $2500 Emerald Award payable to the recipient
All complete applications will be considered, and the successful applicant should meet the following criteria:
- A Registered Nurse practicing in Australia or New Zealand
- Minimum employment of 20 hrs per week in Urology nursing or at the discretion of the ANZUNS committee, taking into account the position held by the applicant and the educational opportunity for which the award application has been made.
- Nurses who apply must have a minimum of three years post registration experience
- An active member of the Australia and New Zealand Urological Nurses Society (ANZUNS)
- Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to Urology nursing
- Has not received any prior benefits in relation to ANZUNS Professional Development Awards in the last 2 years (NB. Applicants are only eligible to receive this award once)
- Complete and submit an online application form by midnight of 5 June 2022.
Applications should include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A detailed proposal (including a proposed schedule and budget) of how the Professional Development award will be utilised and how the award will benefit practice. It should also address how knowledge from the Award will be disseminated to ANZUNS colleagues.
- A declaration of any real or perceived conflicts of interest in relation to receiving this award or the proposed use of this award
Conditions of the Nursing Professional Development Emerald Award 2022
- The Award must be executed by 1 February 2023. This includes completion of all travel, conference attendance and/or site visit.
- A formal panel will make the final decision on the successful applicant. The panel will be comprised of the ANZUNS President/Vice President and two representatives of the Australia and New Zealand Urological Nurses Society (ANZUNS) Education Portfolio team.
- The Award Sponsor will be notified of the successful applicant and may choose to contact the recipient for marketing purposes
- The recipient will be required to complete and submit a report detailing how the Award was utilised to the ANZUNS President no later than 2 weeks prior to the 2023 Annual General Meeting
- The report will be tabled at the 2023 Annual General Meeting and will be disseminated to all ANZUNS members via the ANZUNS Newsletter as well as to the Award Sponsor
- The report should identify how the Award has helped benefit practice, the outcomes obtained for improved practice and how the knowledge obtained has been disseminated to colleagues
- The winner will be announced at the ANZUNS 2022 Annual Scientific Meeting.
- This Award is not to be used for the payment of study/courses.
- Award entitlements and conditions may change without prior notice.