This Scholarship is available to ANZUNS members including committee members who are undertaking studies leading to either:
- A postgraduate qualification (Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, Masters or Doctorate Degree) for the benefit of Urological Nursing Practice.
- A recognised course that promotes advanced nursing practice and extended scope of practice role (e.g. Urodynamics, surveillance flexible cystoscopy, prostate cancer, bladder cancer).
This Scholarship will be offered on an annual basis to the value of $5,000. Successful recipients can only apply for this award once.
All complete applications will be considered, and the successful applicant should meet the following criteria:
- A Registered Nurse practicing in Australia or New Zealand
- Be a Registered Nurse
- An ANZUNS financial member for the 2-year period immediately preceding the application.
- Employed in a urology-focused nursing position for at least 20 hours per week.
- Acknowledge that upon completion of the course/qualification, the recipient is required to present a summary of the course/qualification at the ANZUS Annual Scientific Meeting and/or submit a 2000-word article to be published on the ANZUNS Newsletter. This article must be evidence-based and demonstrate how the learning relates to the clinical practice.
- The value of the Scholarship is a grant of $ 5,000 subject to available funds.
- Only 1 Scholarship shall be offered annually.
- Applications shall be received by 21 February 2020 (midnight AEDT).
- Applicants must enrol in a recognised course or post-graduate study that is consistent with the objectives and criteria for selection.
- The successful applicant will be announced on Monday, 9th of March 2020, at the ANZUNS 2020 Annual Scientific Meeting. Payment of the Scholarship will be made to the successful applicant upon receipts provided to the ANZUNS Treasurer of confirmation of enrolment in the course of study.
- Members who have received financial grants from ANZUNS previously for a Professional Development Scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- Any publications or materials that are made possible by virtue of the Scholarship shall acknowledge the funding support of ANZUNS.The Scholarship recipient is required to present a summary of the course or qualification at the ANZUNS Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) and/or submit a 2000-word article to be published in the ANZUNS Newsletter. This article must be evidence-based and demonstrate how the learning relates to the clinical practice. This article may also be uploaded to the ANZUNS website.
- The decision to award this scholarship to the successful applicant will be made by the ANZUNS Committee. This decision is final. The ANZUNS Committee has the right to request further information regarding the education plan, in order to make a decision.
Applying for the Scholarship:
- Submit a completed online application form by the closing date: 21 February 2020 (midnight AEDT). Click on the button below to visit the application portal.
- Attach your latest CV.
- Attach evidence of course enrolment.
- Attach all other relevant documents that support your application.