NSW-ACT Section PD Scholarships 2023
NSW-ACT Section Professional Development Scholarships 2023
The NSW-ACT Section of Australia and New Zealand Urological Nurses Society supports our members in the advancement of urological nursing knowledge and skills. This Professional Development Scholarship offers financial assistance to applicants toward the cost of attending an educational event.
The 2023 NSW-ACT Professional Development Scholarship will be awards to TWO successful applicants who reside in regional NSW or ACT (Regional NSW refers to all of the state except the metropolitan areas of Greater Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong).
This Scholarship covers day registration, 3-course dinner and two-night accommodation at the Park Royal Darling Harbour in a shared room on 27-28 April 2023.
Successful application MUST bring a nurse colleague with interest in urological nursing. The colleague is required to pay for day registration; dinner is complimentary and will be sharing the room with successful applicant.
This Scholarship includes:
- Day registration
- 3-course dinner
- two-night accommodation at the Park Royal Darling Harbour 27-28 April 2023
All complete applications will be considered, and the successful applicant should meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have been a NSW-ACT Section financial member for 12 months and have not received any NSW-ACT Section scholarship funding for the previous year.
- Registered/Enrolled Nurses with current Australian Nurses registration and practicing in NSW
- Nurses involved in the care of Urological patients at least 24 hours a week.
- Nurses who can show evidence of having attended at least one NSW-ACT Section educational activity or Conference in the past 12 months.
- Nurses who can demonstrate an ongoing commitment to improve urological nursing standard in their workplace.
Conditions of the Nursing Professional Development Awards 2023
- Application for sponsorship from other sources does not exclude you from applying for this scholarship but it must be disclosed or the applicant risks payment to cover this scholarship.
- The NSW-ACT Section Executive will assess scholarship applications, with the decision regarding scholarship awards being final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The successful applications will be notified by email and/or phone call before the deadline for early bird registration.
- The successful applicants must use the scholarship to attend the NSW-ACT Section Professional Development Day on Friday 28th of April 2023.
- The successful applications MUST submit a written report of 500- words within four weeks of attending the event for publication on the ANZUNS/NSW-ACT Section website.
- The successful applicants are responsible for the timely submission of the conference report by 26th of May 2023. If scholarship recipients fail to submit the report on the deadline, the scholarship will be revoked and will be responsible for paying the associated fees per the agreement.
To apply please email Marinelle Doctor.
Applications closed 23 April 2023